Poll

Best Fast Food

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Silver Streams Submissions
The Silver Streams will be updated frequently and will highlight our students’ art and writing talent. In the link below, you may submit any artwork, photography, writings, and/or music that you would like to be featured in the our on-line literary magazine.
Note: If you would like your piece formatted a certain way, you may also provide a hard copy to Ms. Twigg’s room in Tech 3.
Submit your entries to the following:  [email protected], [email protected], OR complete the Google Form
Can’t Find Your Counselor?
Meet the Staff
Lesley Medina
Lesley Medina
Staff Writer/Media Production

Hey, my name is Lesley! I'm a sophomore at CFHS. This is my first year on The Prowler. I'm on the CFHS dance team. I love to baking, hanging out with friends and family, singing, and dancing.  After graduation,...

A “Haunted” Homecoming in the Forest

Homecoming is one of our most looked forward to events at Carolina Forest. Throughout  the week of October 16-20, there were many interactive activities for the students to get involved in and make long lasting memories. 

This year’s theme was Haunted Homecoming. Each grade level was represented by a different Halloween Movie. The freshmen class was represented by “The Nightmare Before Christmas,”  the sophomores were “Addams Family,” the juniors were “Monster Inc.,” and the seniors were “Ghostbusters.”  Even with the changes in the schedule due to weather, this year’s Homecoming week was packed full of events such as: hallway decorating, a Fall Festival, dress-up days, lunch games, and of course, the big football game.

Our Haunted Homecoming  kicked off with hallway decorating. Hallway decorating has been a long standing tradition at Carolina Forest. Hallway decorating is a serious event because its success goes towards points to win the spirit stick.  This year students decorated the school’s hallways as “Halloween movies” for the festivities of the week ahead. The hallways were decorated from 11am-6pm on Sunday; on Monday, school district officials arrived to judge.

This year for Homecoming our school added the new tradition of a Fall Festival. Students had the opportunity to hangout with their friends, eat from local food trucks and play fun carnival games hosted by our clubs at Carolina Forest. The night ended with “Hocus Pocus” being played for students to watch on the field.

Our Carolina Forest students’ school spirit was phenomenal  as many dressed to impress in participating with the school spirit days. The spirit day themes for the week were the following: Monday/Haunted Hallways Day; Tuesday/Pick your Poison; Wednesday/Eternal Slumber; Thursday/Blackout; Friday/Celebrity Day.

Connor Rothberg, a senior  at Carolina Forest added, “My favorite spirit day was Haunted Hallways, and I dressed up as a Ghostbuster. ”

During lunch Carolina Forest students participated in games: Monday/Frightening Football Toss; Tuesday/Eerie Relay Race; Wednesday/Monster Mash Karaoke; Thursday/Haunted Head, Shoulder, Cup; Friday/Wicked Wing Eating Contest. This brought out some amazing grade level competitions in the forest.

Due to prediction inclement weather, the Homecoming football game was played on Thursday. Our Panther’s played a long-time rival: Socastee High School.  All the students wore black to continue the black-out theme of the day. The Black Hole was packed with fans as was the football stadium. The cheerleaders pumped up the crowd and the band played as fans screamed with each yard made. The final score of the game was CFHS 31 and SHS 0. 

During our halftime,our Homecoming Court was announced.  The Carolina Forest  students are proud to participate in or to vote for students to win.  This court included Jasiah Fisher as Freshman Prince and Ava Williams as Freshman Princess; Breden Williams as Sophomore Prince, Ella Horkan as Sophomore Princess; Jonathan Ortiz as Junior Prince; and Emily Parker as Junior Princess, Teymor Nuwayhid as Senior Prince, and Sarah Satterfield as Senior Princess. 

Then after the long-awaited announcement during halftime with Carolina Forest’s talented color guard, Ethan Hamilton was announced as the Homecoming King and Sofia Morant as Homecoming Queen.

“It felt amazing to be able to win the Homecoming King and win the region in the same night,” shared Hamilton.

Morant commented, “The amount of excitement and joy that I felt from the experience and everyone in the stands was insane. It’s an honor to hold this title at Carolina Forest this year. ”

Homecoming will continue to be a tradition at Carolina Forest High School, even if events do not go as planned. This year’s Homecoming brought great school spirit to our school that will follow Carolina Forest throughout this school year.