Best Fast Food

Meet the Staff
Isabella Stachowiak
Isabella Stachowiak
Staff Writer/Media Producer

Hello! My name is Isabella Stachowiak, and I am currently a junior. This is my first year being on The Prowler, and I am so excited. I participate in many extracurriculars like cross country, track, and...

CFHS Clubs Spread the Holiday Spirit

As the holiday season approaches, high school clubs in Carolina Forest  are stepping up to make a difference in our communities. Students are engaging in various community service initiatives with a shared goal of spreading joy and embodying the spirit of giving. They are not only making a positive impact on those in need but also learning valuable life lessons in empathy and compassion by selflessly committing their time and energy.

Carolina Forest Student Council helped with the Thanksgiving season by facilitating a school wide can drive for families in the area. This was accomplished by each grade level being assigned a specific food item to donate. The food items were the following: Freshmen/ stuffing; Sophomore/ instant mashed potatoes; Juniors/ box mac n’ cheese; Seniors/ canned items. Each grade level brought the food item to their second block teacher. Before Thanksgiving Break, the second block class in each house with the most food items won a prize. This was a successful way to feed our community in need. 

The organization DECA kicked off the holiday season by having a pet supply drive for the local shelter. Many members donated blankets, pet food, pet toys and collars. The Human Society was delighted to receive the donations for all the pets in need. Then they shared joy by creating holiday cards for a senior living facility. Members came together and created gorgeous holiday cards to cheer up the seniors living away from their families. 

Rho Kappa, our Social Studies Honors Society, along with Fellowship of Christian Athletes, decided to spread holiday cheer by filling up boxes for the organization Operation Christmas Child. Members filled boxes with toys and personal care items for children ages four- twelve years old.  Rho Kappa continued to spread more joy by filling up stockings for Carolina Forest High School students in need. The stockings were filled with candy and small gifts. 

“Rho Kappa is an honor society that focuses not only on academic excellence but also in giving back to the community. For me personally, watching young people commit to their community and share blessings with others is a wonderful experience. Winston Churchill once said, “we make a life by what we give” and for Rho Kappa, we will continue to give to our community. Giving to others is a wonderful legacy to leave,” shared Sarah Brown, the Rho Kappa advisor at Carolina Forest. 

Carolina Forest High School students also have the opportunity to give this holiday season. Students can choose to pick a child in need from The Salvation Army Angel Tree. These trees are located in many local businesses. The student can pick a child and fulfill the wishes on the Angel Tree Tag. Toys for Tots is another way to spread holiday cheer for a child. Students can bring in an unwrapped gift for a child in the age range of newborn to sixteen years old. These are both wonderful charities to support local children in need along with warming the hearts of all involved.

Jordan Stalher, a senior at Carolina Forest added, “I really enjoy giving back to those less fortunate during the holiday season. It is very fulfilling to know I helped a child have a wonderful Christmas.” 

Carolina Forest High School students really made a difference within the community by participating in various charitable acts with a spirit of giving.