Best Fast Food

Meet the Staff
Ella Monday
Ella Monday
Staff Writer/ Media Production

Hi! My name is Ella Monday, and I am a junior. This is my first semester on The Prowler, and I am super excited to see what this semester brings. I run track and cross country for CF, and I am a Teacher...

Unique Pets at The Forest

Pets are a human’s best friend, providing comfort and companionship. Many people pick a dog or cat as a pet, but with the animal kingdom being as large as it is, why stop at two choices?

Many students of Carolina Forest High School thought the same thing, adopting exotic, uncommon animals to be their beloved pets. Students generously shared with The Prowler Staff about their animals and experiences.

People with uncommon pets need to adjust to some more complicated care. Some animals need to be at a constant temperature, be cared for extensively, be given unique diets, and other necessities. Of course, some of these animals are harder to take care of compared to a simple dog and cat.

Many unique pets have a bad reputation due to their “intimidating” or uncommon appearance despite their gentle nature. An example of this kind of pet is from junior Ashlyn Britt and her Kenyan sand boa, Fluffy.

“I got Fluffy in 2019, and she’s between 1-2 feet,” Britt said. “At first I wanted a spider, but after researching lifespan, care, habitat, and safety, [I decided] having a snake would be a much better option. It’s super easy to take care of her and is just so fun. I’ve never regretted getting her and just love watching her grow.”

Fluffy is incredibly gentle, allowing Ashlyn to pick her up and never biting.

Furthermore, junior Tabitha Hammerstrom owns a ferret named Zilo. 

“He is super chill but gets hyper when someone plays with him,” explained Hammerstrom.  “They’re easy to take care of if you potty train them, but they need attention all the time. I chose a ferret as a pet because they’re fluffy and long like a spaghetti noodle.”

Other CFHS students also own other unusual pets.  Emily Hardee has a raccoon; Emily Parker has a Quaker parrot named Rico, and both Leyla Hoagland and Karlee Loyd have turtle.

Pets are always a fun topic. During student conversations, why not talk about pets? Each student at CFHS has his/her own interesting experiences with the large variety of pets.

Image source: Google.com