Poll

Best Fast Food

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Silver Streams Submissions
The Silver Streams will be updated frequently and will highlight our students’ art and writing talent. In the link below, you may submit any artwork, photography, writings, and/or music that you would like to be featured in the our on-line literary magazine.
Note: If you would like your piece formatted a certain way, you may also provide a hard copy to Ms. Twigg’s room in Tech 3.
Submit your entries to the following:  [email protected], [email protected], OR complete the Google Form
Can’t Find Your Counselor?
Meet the Staff

Hey, Panthers! My name is Addy Fegley.  I am a junior, and this is my first semester on The Prowler. I enjoy working and spending time with family and friends. I love Disney, going to the beach, and watching...

College Football Bowl Season!!!

The 2023 College Football season is in the books, ending the year with 43 bowl games all the way from the playoff games down to the start of bowl season with the Myrtle Beach Bowl. There were some amazing games this year, and there were some doozy games. North Carolina and South Carolina had six teams in bowls: NC State, North Carolina, Appalachian State, Duke, Clemson and Coastal Carolina.   South Carolina also hosted one bowl and North Carolina hosted two bowl games.

First of the amazing bowl games was the Rose Bowl. The game came down to the last play going into overtime. Michigan and Alabama competed in this game as a game of defense went into the fourth quarter 10-13. Michigan scored quickly. After a scoreless third quarter, they scored 17 combined points in the fourth quarter to tie the game at 20. Michigan got the ball first in overtime, and Michigan’s running back Blake Corum ran in a touchdown to take a lead in overtime. Alabama marched down the field but got stopped on third down at the three yard line. The game came down to this fourth down play as Alabama quarterback Jalen Milroe took the snap,and it was a quarterback designed run and got stopped by the Michigan defense, so Michigan took the win 20-27 and they advanced.

Another amazing bowl was the Pop Tart Bowl in Orlando, Florida involving NC State and Kansas State. Both of these teams have been building great programs over the last couple of years, but they both had backup quarterbacks.  Kansas State’s Will Howard hit the transfer portal and NC State QB Grayson MaCall was inactive due to his transfer to the program. This game had all the big plays you look into for an amazing bowl game.  The most important thing was defense, punting seven times and had two turnovers, which led to a Kansas St. 28-19 win over NC State. Besides the defense, their quarterback Avery Johnson threw for 174 yards and two touchdowns and their running back DJ Goodens rushed for over 200 yards.

Coastal Carolina had a 7-5 record without their star quarterback Grayson McCall, as he transferred to NC State. They went up against San Jose St from the Mountain West Conference, who played in their second straight bowl game. Coastal Carolina averaged the seventh most yards in the Sun Belt this year as this season was very overwhelming for Coastal as they were expected to win the Sun Belt and maybe make a New Year’s Six bowl but due to injuries, the Chanticleers ended at 7-5 going into their bowl game. San Jose St. started their season 1-5 as they won their last six games to go into bowl season 7-5.  The Spartans had the fifth best offense in the Mountain West  and the second best defense in the Mountain West Conference. 

Carolina Forest alumni Scotty Saylor plays quarterback for Coastal Carolina. 

Saylor stated, “We brought a lot of energy so the atmosphere was great. It was an awesome experience that I will remember forever.” 

Coastal started out hot, and they never let the lead go as they beat San Jose St 24-10. 

The last game is the National Championship game between the Michigan Wolverines and the Washington Huskies. There was big hype around this game because both of these teams have not made or won the championship game in more than 20 years. Michigan  started off great with two rushing touchdowns from running back Donavan Edwards. Going into halftime, Washington kicked a field goal to make it 17-3 Michigan. Washington tried for a comeback, but Michigan’s defense was too hard for this Washington offense as they held star QB Michael Penix, Jr. to only 255 yards and two interceptions. Michigan held on to win with a masterclass from their offense led by their RB’s Donavan Edwards and Blake Corum. Michigan wins the National Championship with a 34-13 win.

Photo Credit:  Google