Best Fast Food

Meet the Staff
Alessa Swor
Staff Writer/Media Production

Hey, my name is Alessa Swor. I am a sophomore, and this is my first semester on The Prowler. I love spending time with family and friends, and I enjoy listening to music. Once I graduate, I plan on attending...

Five Nights at Freddy’s Reveiw

The “Five Nights at Freddy’s” movie has been built up as a movie for many years, but it finally  happened. This movie is based off  the big hit game Five Nights at Freddy’s. There are five games and the movie is based on the first game. The game is around a security guard who has to survive the night from midnight to six without getting caught or killed by the animatronics.

The main six animatronics are Freddy, Bonnie, Chica and her cupcake, Foxy, Springtime Bonnie and Balloon Boy.  

The movie follows the main character Mike, who is played by Josh Hutcherson. He played Peeta in “The Hunger Games,” and he voiced the hero boy the main character in ‘The Polar Express.” Mike has a sister named Abby who is played by Piper Rubino. The main antagonist is William Afton, who is played by Matthew Lillard; he played Stu in “Scream,” and he is also Shaggy in the live action “Scooby Doo.” Also, there is Vanessa Afton who is played by Elizabeth Lial.  She has been in “Gossip Girls” and the horror movie “CountDown.”

Mike has issues because his little brother Garrett was kidnapped when he was young. Mike goes to this job counselor Steve Ragland. Ragland offered Mike a job as a security guard at Freddy Fazebear’s Pizza. Ragland warned Mike that the place is creepy and that the electricity is bad, but they have fully working security cameras. There were multiple murders of children linked to Freddy’s in the 80s, and that’s why the place is shut down. Max, her brother and their friends break into Fazbear’s Pizza. One of them gets their face bit off by Chica’s cupcake another one gets beat to death in a closet by Bonnie, Max’s brother got chased down and stabbed by Foxy, and Max got bitten in half by Freddy. With Max dead, Mike has no choice but to take his little sister Abby to this place with murderous animatronics around. 

This movie gets a lot of credit from their fans but most of the critics think this movie is awful.

Don Birnam is a critic for Rotten Tomatoes and is a writer for “Below The Line.”

Dirnam explains, “So little makes sense in this utterly predictable film, that it makes even the few and far between legit scare sequences not worth it. This movie experience to me is a D-.” 

Despite some bad reviews, this movie still has its fanbase.

One of the fans named John Gray explained, “I’ve been a fan of “Five Nights at Freddy’s” since 2015. It’s not the best horror movie but a great movie with a perfect amount of Easter eggs for fans! Really good music, impressive sets and real animatronics. I had a blast in the cinema watching this movie. Don’t call me biased, but it is a good 9.5 out of 10.”

After I went to see the movie, I agree with Don Birnam that there weren’t many good scares for this movie to be considered a horror movie.