Best Fast Food

Meet the Staff
Audrey Austin
Audrey Austin
Staff Writer/ Media Producer

Hi! My name is Audrey Austin! I am a senior at CFHS, and this is my first year on The Prowler. I am a member of NEHS, SNHS, our school's lacrosse team, and a Teacher Cadet. I enjoy things like reading,...

Come to Conway!

Within Horry County, the majority of the attention is directed towards Myrtle Beach. The town attracts millions of tourists every year, but the bordering towns don’t get the acknowledgement they deserve. In particular, the city of Conway has many things to offer.

The city of Conway, named after General Robert Conway, was founded in 1732, making it one of the oldest towns in South Carolina. It was a prime city for cotton for hundreds of years and is rich in interesting history with many historical buildings and museums to access. 

The town has also improved majorly in all areas. It is a very cozy and welcoming city with many restaurants, stores, parks and beautiful houses. 

Senior Destiny Johnson has lived in Conway all her life. 

“Conway has really come alive with the help of its residents. They now have public restrooms, movie nights on special occasions and really go all out with decorating for the holidays. I’ve never seen a town come together to help clean up a physical and social environment so well!”

On December 3, 2021 during the annual tree lighting ceremony, the city surprised their citizens with a full light coverage of the water tower. The tower lit up the whole town for miles and has continued to be lit every year since. They have also celebrated the holidays with multiple light shows and beautiful decorations that give a perfect photo-op. 

During September of 2022, Mayor Barbara Blain-Bellamy officially announced that the city would now be called “Halloween” for each season. With hundreds of spooky decorations, fun contests and family-friendly festivities, the city definitely lives up to its name. The name also changed this season and will hopefully continue for many years to come. 

There are also plenty of delicious restaurants worth visiting in the area. If you’re looking for more fancy cuisine, Rivertown Bistro, Whittakers and Crooked Oak Tavern are lovely choices. If you want a bar & grill, Crafty Rooster, Bonfire Taqueria, Hop N’ Wich and Chanti’s have plenty of amazing drink and food options.

City Council member Julie Hardwick states, “The city of Conway has been working diligently to truly become a destination city. The city generates interest and excitement through such initiatives as transforming downtown to Halloween along with many holiday celebrations. I believe that in decades to come, Conway will continue to provide new and amazing experiences for residents and locals alike.”

The city of Conway has truly become an amazing place to visit and find a permanent home!

Picture Credits : Bruce Clark