Best Fast Food

Meet the Staff
Ella Monday
Ella Monday
Staff Writer/ Media Production

Hi! My name is Ella Monday, and I am a junior. This is my first semester on The Prowler, and I am super excited to see what this semester brings. I run track and cross country for CF, and I am a Teacher...

Popularity of Fantasy Football

Why is fantasy football so popular? 

Fantasy football is a game where people can draft NFL players and play against their friends, family and even with strangers. It is is one of the greatest ways to understand the game of football more.

In fantasy football, normally there are 10 teams with one quarterback, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, a defense and a kicker.

Fantasy football started in 1962 when Bill Wenckebach, then part owner of the Oakland Raiders football team, gathered with some friends in a New York City hotel, and together they created the first fantasy football league, which was dubbed the GOPPPL (Greater Oakland Professional Pigskin Prognosticators League).

Junior Brogan Hillman is a fantasy football super fan and analyst.   

Hillman said, “ I believe fantasy football is popular because it gives people a fun and refreshing way to go head to head against your friends and family while watching the world’s greatest sport.”

Hillman’s favorite thing about fantasy football is the constant unease about what might happen next and never knowing what could happen, causing you to watch to the final whistle with being constantly uncertain.

“I believe as a broadcaster and as an overall football fan, fantasy football makes football more fun because it causes you to think more and gives you something to look forward to during the game,” Hillman explained.  

Sophomore Caulin Rosiek. has been playing fantasy football for seven years. 

Rosiek shared, “Playing fantasy football is fun because you are like the owner of your own football team. You get to make your own roster moves, and it is just a great way to hangout with your friends and watch football.” 

The best thing about fantasy football is that people get to play with your friends and they get to beat your friends. It’s creating an amazing competition. Beating your friends makes you feel like you are the best manager in the league. Rosiek believes that fantasy football makes the game of football more fun. 

Sadie Richardson, a junior, has been playing fantasy football for five years. She has also won a championship in her league.

“Fantasy football is so popular because fantasy football is a great source of competition and many managers love the game for the competitive nature of the game. The ability to win and throw it in the face of the other league members is enough reason to join Leagues for many,” commented Richardson.

Richardson’s favorite thing about fantasy football is that it is fun to play with your friends and to win or lose a bet. 

Overall, fantasy football is a great way to have some friendly competition to make the season more exciting.