Poll

Best Fast Food

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Silver Streams Submissions
The Silver Streams will be updated frequently and will highlight our students’ art and writing talent. In the link below, you may submit any artwork, photography, writings, and/or music that you would like to be featured in the our on-line literary magazine.
Note: If you would like your piece formatted a certain way, you may also provide a hard copy to Ms. Twigg’s room in Tech 3.
Submit your entries to the following:  [email protected], [email protected], OR complete the Google Form
Can’t Find Your Counselor?
Meet the Staff
Isabella Stachowiak
Isabella Stachowiak
Staff Writer/Media Producer

Hello! My name is Isabella Stachowiak, and I am currently a junior. This is my first year being on The Prowler, and I am so excited. I participate in many extracurriculars like cross country, track, and...

Should You Join a Club?

Should You Join a Club?

There are many options to choose from when it comes to clubs in Carolina Forest High School. There are clubs for chess, literature, culture, gaming, and numerous other extracurricular activities that extend the expression of each student. Everyone can participate in any club that suits their interests, but with the fear of the unknown, many students are stuck on whether or not they should consider joining a club.

It is my personal opinion that: yes, every student should take a moment to consider joining a student organization. 

Upon joining a club, students are immediately filled with numerous opportunities that may seem overwhelming. How do I know what to do? What’s the next activity? Am I experienced enough?

For clubs without an audition, these sorts of worries are nothing to be scared about; the leaders of the club know that some people may be lost and will always be willing to assist you. Thanks to joining a club, one can connect to not only your leader by communication and sharing similar goals but can also bond with fellow students as well, expanding your friend palette.

Being in a club also gives the opportunity to build leadership skills essential for future jobs or college applications; for example, you could help people who are struggling with a given topic. These skills will be commonly used in the future because of how often complex jobs focus on individual thinking. Joining a club will assist in the preparation of essential skills.

“[Joining a club] has helped me stay involved in the school and have a deeper connection with some of the administrators and teachers on campus,” stated senior Audrey Austin, member of the Book Club and girls’ lacrosse team. 

“It is important to be in clubs to learn more about things you’re interested in,” added senior Shaydon Tuttle, member of the Italian Club.

Say a student is interested in joining a club. Where can they start? Where do they go?

Clicking here will provide information for all of the available clubs and societies at Carolina Forest High School. It specifies the target audience, locations, sponsors, requirements, and dates of future events in a club of interest. Simply show up to a scheduled day for a club, and voila! Welcome to the club.

Of course, some clubs’ requirements are a bit more complicated to ensure every member is dedicated to the cause of the organization; however, such circumstances are carefully specified to prevent confusion.

To conclude, every student should consider joining the club to extend the passion of the individual and get involved with the pride of the school and its passionate extracurricular activities.