Poll

Best Fast Food

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Silver Streams Submissions
The Silver Streams will be updated frequently and will highlight our students’ art and writing talent. In the link below, you may submit any artwork, photography, writings, and/or music that you would like to be featured in the our on-line literary magazine.
Note: If you would like your piece formatted a certain way, you may also provide a hard copy to Ms. Twigg’s room in Tech 3.
Submit your entries to the following:  [email protected], [email protected], OR complete the Google Form
Can’t Find Your Counselor?
Meet the Staff

Hey everyone! My name is Gabby Hanson. I am so excited to be a part of The Prowler during my last semester of high school! I have been a Prowler staff member since my freshman year and have loved...

CFHS 23-24 Basketball Season!

The Carolinas are very widely known for their basketball teams, including USC, UNC Chapel Hill and Duke University. Men’s and women’s basketball teams are very popular throughout the country at all levels, and Carolina Forest High School is no exception.  

CFHS has started its 23-24 basketball season, and everyone is ready to support!

Junior Brooke Geoghegan is on the Varsity Girls Basketball team.

“I’m really excited for this year’s season. Last year was super fun and a great learning experience for many girls. We’re already off to a great start and hope to continue to bring home a championship.”

Last year the Girls Varsity team went 16-7, making it to the first round of playoffs, along with having multiple girls qualify as All-Region players. Madison Hoffman and Miracle McClean both qualified for All-Region and Emerie Davis qualified for All-Region and All-State. Maris-Kate Payseur also signed to Erskine College to further her academic and athletic career. 

Coach Stacy Hughes states, “The girls have started off strong but we are still really early in getting things done correctly. I am very hopeful that by the time we come off our holiday tournament and enter region play we will have most of our deficiencies much improved and our team efficiency at a much higher level.”

Boys Varsity Coach Emmanuel DeWalt has been coaching basketball for many years.

This season we have four returning varsity players, seniors Daniel Allen and Phillip McLean and juniors Christian Huynh and Sammy McGuire. Despite not having a lot of varsity experience on our team, we are looking forward to the progress of these guys and are hoping to make a considerable impression in region competition this season.” 

Last year the boys went 16-10 and Ty Bennet qualified for All-Region. Bennet later signed to Erskine College and Jake Wight signed to Denmark Technical College. 

We are very excited for our 23-24 basketball season! Both teams are off to a great start and hope to continue throughout the season.