Poll

Best Fast Food

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Silver Streams Submissions
The Silver Streams will be updated frequently and will highlight our students’ art and writing talent. In the link below, you may submit any artwork, photography, writings, and/or music that you would like to be featured in the our on-line literary magazine.
Note: If you would like your piece formatted a certain way, you may also provide a hard copy to Ms. Twigg’s room in Tech 3.
Submit your entries to the following:  [email protected], [email protected], OR complete the Google Form
Can’t Find Your Counselor?
Meet the Staff
Lesley Medina
Lesley Medina
Staff Writer/Media Production

Hey, my name is Lesley! I'm a sophomore at CFHS. This is my first year on The Prowler. I'm on the CFHS dance team. I love to baking, hanging out with friends and family, singing, and dancing.  After graduation,...

New Traffic Light: Helping or Hindering?

Ever since 1997 when Carolina Forest High School was built, the school’s population has been increasing rapidly. With the recent increase in students, traffic has consistently become more of an issue for parents, students, teachers, and even community members just trying to get to and from work.

Around mid-September, the new traffic light on Gardner Lacy Rd began construction. Many thought it would have a great impact and believed that this new light would help with student safety and traffic flow, but is the light helping?

Before the light, cars were wrapped around the school, and we had students crossing the road while cars were speeding past them. Just recently the traffic light was officially finished and ready to be used. 

Due to the excessive overflow, most parents would park their cars at Bay Meadow Condos right next to the school to pick their children up without going through the line. Due to the recent policy change, students are only permitted to walk to the apartments if they have received a pass from the school proving they live within walking distance. More and more cars have been going through the car rider line because of this new procedure causing more traffic.

Mr. James Bailey, one of our assistant principals, usually helps with the afternoon traffic; therefore, many of the complaints go to him.

He believes that the traffic light has indeed been helping with traffic, but there are some things he would change if it were up to him. 

“If I could have it my way, I would extend the turn lane on Gardner Lacy so cars could pass by,” stated Bailey. 

Ann Twigg, one of our teachers, has helped with some afternoon duty around the pick-up circle.

“The afternoon traffic flows quickly, but in all honesty, some of the pick-up drivers are too much in a hurry and are not considerate of others. I hope it doesn’t cause any wrecks, ” commented Twigg

Juliana Hickman, a sophomore, gets dropped off every day.  

Hickman stated, “I believe it has helped improve traffic because it has helped cars get in and out faster.”

Despite some glitches that need to be worked out, installing the new light has become quite a success. Although the traffic is still bad, over time we will begin to adjust and the traffic will start to clear up.