“The Perfect Ending”

“The Perfect Ending”

On Sunday, October 2, the Carolina Forest High School Theater Department will be performing the one act play “The Perfect Ending,” originally done by B. Dwayne Craft. The play is a comedy about a 1950s picture perfect family trying to put on a dinner party, but one thing is standing in their way… the end of the world! 

The students, along with the directors, have worked very hard to bring this masterpiece to life. So many different but exciting characters will prance proudly across the stage during the performance, all with their own story and their own ambitious actors and directors behind it all. 

Much work goes into picking a drama performance. Dr. Mathew Ward, the co-director of “The Perfect Ending,” shared that when he is looking for a play he looks for something that can resonate with people today. 

“In this play, the mother is trying to continue living life perfectly even though the world is ending. I feel it applies to what’s been happening in society. Children and parents can take away the idea that you don’t always have to be perfect, especially in a time of crisis,” adds Dr. Ward.

Meredith Taylor, the co-director, includes, “When I look for a performance I try to look for a large, versatile cast to include as many students as possible, while still providing growth opportunities for aspiring actors.”

People often join theater in hopes to find something, whether that be unique friends or confidence in who you are. Being in theater can improve multiple life skills such as time-budgeting, oral communication, and the ability to commit to something.  It provides unlimited take away opportunities.There is nothing that compares to the bonds you build with the other actors and the satisfaction you feel after a performance. 

Joe Schindler, a senior and honorable member of the Carolina Forest High School Theater Department, enjoys being part of our Performing Arts programs and readily encourages others to get involved.

Schindler comments, “Do it, it’s fun and it can really increase your confidence!”

The theater performance has budded like a beautiful garden, every character leaves you wanting more. If you’re looking for a good time and a bucket of laughs, please swing by the auditorium at CFHS at 3pm on Sunday! Tickets are only $8.