Best Fast Food

Meet the Staff
Audrey Austin
Audrey Austin
Staff Writer/ Media Producer

Hi! My name is Audrey Austin! I am a senior at CFHS, and this is my first year on The Prowler. I am a member of NEHS, SNHS, our school's lacrosse team, and a Teacher Cadet. I enjoy things like reading,...

Myrtle Beach’s Population Increase

In recent years, there has been a significant increase in the number of people moving into Myrtle Beach. This surge in population can be attributed to various factors such as the city’s beautiful beaches, affordable cost of living and vibrant community. With its successful economy and its varieties of recreational activities, Myrtle Beach has become a top choice for individuals seeking a new place to call home.

According to WBTW, Myrtle Beach has claimed the spot in the US News and World Reports Annual list of fastest-growing places in America. The US Census Bureau also estimated that Horry County had 383,101 residents in July 2022, which is a 9% increase from 2020 and a tremendous 42% increase from 2010. The increased growth in Myrtle Beach and Horry County indicated a thriving community with a strong job market and opportunities for employment.

In the next upcoming year, TheMountaineer states that in July 2023, Myrtle Beach had a net migration increase of 4.9% which ranks second of all 378 metropolitan areas in the United States.
Adding onto that, The State shares that a factor to the rapid population growth is because of the city’s beaches and family friendly attractions. Additionally the real estate development has also been booming in response to the amount of people moving to the area. Myrtle Beach is transforming into a bustling community, offering ample opportunities for both residents and businesses alike.

Amir Behhari, a sophomore at Carolina Forest high School is from Morocco.

Behhari said,”My family and I moved to Myrtle Beach because it seemed like the best place to go to. I liked the hot weather and beaches that came with coming here.”

In conclusion, Myrtle Beach has seen a big increase in the number of new people moving here. The city’s attractiveness is due to its beautiful beaches, low cost of living, and lively community. Myrtle Beach has a strong economy and lots of fun things to do, making it a popular choice for people looking for a fresh start. The growth in population, as shown by the US News and World Reports list and the US Census Bureau, proves that the community is thriving with plenty of jobs available. The beaches, family-friendly attractions, and growing real estate market are also contributing to the rapid growth of the city. Myrtle Beach is becoming a bustling and exciting place for both residents and businesses.